Meri Awaz Suno…
My book doesn’t have any names. This has been the subject of critique from a lot of readers who have otherwise loved the book. Saying so, but I till date stand by the fact that it was my basic intention to just give voices and no names.
I love the concept of a nameless voice, it helps us create a being of our own imagination who shall tell the story we are hooked on to. Thus, arose the book at first and now this.
A Calendar Too Crowded in association with Youth24x7 presents “Meri Awaz Suno” a contest that shall rekindle the power of story telling in you.
If you are dying to voice your feelings on a social issue and believe that it’s high time you speak out – this is your opportunity to get noticed. Just upload your audio/video clip on what you hold close to the heart and enter the contest for your voice to be heard by millions.
The exact details of the contest lie here, however to pen the same down again:
The contest is valid during the period from March 30, 2012 to April 30, 2012 (both days included) (herein after referred to as the “Contest period”).
How to Participate
To enter the contest, Participant must, during the contest Period:
1. Upload a video/audio on youtube.com showcasing the issue of your choice in a narrative manner in your own voice.
2. Mail the video link at firstname.lastname@example.org with subject ‘Meri Awaz Suno’. Provide your full name, valid email address and facebook profile link.
3. Share that video on our facebook page(facebook.com/youth24x7) wall.
Multiple entries are permitted, subject to the following: (a) each entry must be submitted separately and in accordance with entry requirements (b) participant can enter multiple times by submitting a substantially unique and new issue.
All entries must be:
(a) The original independent creation of the Participant;
(b) Owned by the Participant, and
(c) Free of any claims, including copyright or trademark claims, by any other third parties.
Entries must not:
(a) Have been published previously;
(b) Have been submitted as an entry in any other competition;
(c) Have won any prizes or awards in other event or competition;
(d) Be subject to any restrictions as to use, publication, duplication, copying or in any way; or
(e) Infringe any third party rights.
Selection of Winner
We will select the top 3 entries. All entries completed and submitted in accordance with our Terms and Conditions will be assessed by a panel of judges, appointed by the youth24x7.com at its sole discretion, in order to determine the winner.
The winning entries will be selected based on the following criteria:
ii) Quality of the video/audio
iii) Shares,likes and appreciations on facebook.
iii) Number of Views on youtube.
There will be cash prizes and gift hampers for the top three entries.
Terms and Conditions for the contest “Meri Awaz Suno”
1. Youth24x7 ”Meri awaaz suno “(hereinafter referred to as the “Contest”) is valid during the period from March 30, 2012 to April 30, 2012 (both days included) (herein after referred to as the “Contest period”). The Contest is void where prohibited or restricted by law. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement and acceptance of these Official Rules which shall be final in all respects.
2. The Contest is optional and valid for persons residing in India who are above 15 years of age as on 30th of March 2012 and who successfully upload and submit a narrative video on topic of their choice. Participant may not enter the contest with multiple email addresses or under multiple identities. Any Participant who does so, or uses any device or artifice to circumvent the official rules may be disqualified and all of their entries forfeited.
3. Any entries that contain content that youth24x7.com , in its sole discretion, considers to be offensive or inappropriate in any way or that the youth24x7 considers, in its sole discretion, to infringe any Intellectual Property Rights or other rights of any person, corporation or entity, will not be considered eligible entries into the Contest.
Youth24x7.com requires that any entry should not include or make reference to any logos, drawings, cartoons, phrases, trademarks or other third party materials (including but not limited to any copyrighted material, trade mark, logo or mark that identifies a brand) as it could result in a third party subjecting the Participant to legal liability.
The decision to accept or reject an entry as an eligible entry is in youth24x7.com sole discretion and no correspondence will be entered into. Youth24x7 reserves the right at any time to remove and disqualify any entry, which it deems inappropriate, offensive or invalid, or if it has been submitted without the valid consent of any person(s) appearing in the story. Incomplete, indecipherable or illegible entries will be deemed invalid
4. Entry submitted after April 25, 2012, 23.59 hours shall not be considered for the Contest.
5. Prizes are non-transferable. No cash redemption or substitution will be allowed, except at Youth24x7.com sole discretion.
6. Youth24x7.com reserves the right, at any time, to unconditionally disqualify any Participant who tampers with or who in any way abuses the process or Terms and Conditions of the Contest.
7. This contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. You are providing your information to Youth24x7.com and not to Facebook.
By participating in this Contest, you (and if you are a minor, your parents or legal guardians) accept all our Terms and Conditions.
Hoping that you shall find your voice and let it be heard on a topic you hold so close! Looking forward to your entries. For any doubts do post a comment here and I shall be more than glad to clarify